1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning with DVD-RW works but DVD-R doesn't

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gohan2091, Jan 20, 2005.

1. gohan2091

gohan2091 Member

Hi, I am new to dvd burning but I am having problems.

I use Nero Vision Express 3 to burn movie files and so far ive tried 2 movie files.....

1st time
    ========

Tried burning 6 avi files to a RiTek DVD-R disk and I got an error like the one below half way through burning

[​IMG]

I then tried burning with a Datasafe DVD-RW using the same 6 avi files and it worked fine. So then I tried another brand of DVD-R disk and it got the same error as above.

2nd time
    ========

I tried burning a VOB file to DVD and it burnt using a DVD-RW but it didnt work with the 2 different brand DVD-r's, got the same error half way through. Also I tried burning at 2x speed instead of 4x, made no differance.

Also it takes around 2 to 3 hours to burn 1 disk worth of movie files which it shouldnt do because Im burning it at 4x speed and I have a very fast processor.

So to sum it up...

1) Why can I burn movie files with Nero Vision Express 3 using a DVD-RW but cant with a DVD-R?

2) Why is it taking 2 to 3 hours burning movies to disk using this software?

My hardware is in my sig and I'm using Windows service pack 2 (could this be causing conflicts?)

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I really don't see anything that tells what the problem is exactly. Here is something you can try. If the burn to the RW disc works and plays good then just use the disc copy program in Nero to duplicate it to a -R or +R disc. As to the time it takes, the AVI files are being converted to proper DVD format which does take some time. So I don't think your process time is out of line too far.

Jerry

3. gohan2091

gohan2091 Member

Thats a good idea to clone the DVD-RW onto DVD-R.

I uninstalled all codec packs I had, as well as uninstalling Nero burning rom and nero vision express.

I installed just 1 codec pack and reinstalled vision express, I also defragged my hard drive.

I tried a dvd-r disk again and it worked without an error BUT the movie was in VOB format where the other ones that got the error were AVI.

I will have to try another avi soon with a DVD-R disk and see if it works, ill let you know how I get on.