1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnt DVD play back

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by jamaria69, Jan 27, 2005.

1. jamaria69

jamaria69 Guest

I have a Gateway computer. Talked to the Gateway guy about why my dvds were not playing the sound on the Windows Media Player. We figured that out but he said that with the Win DVD it won't play back burnt dvds. What kind of software can I get that will help to fix that problem?

2. dogwalker

dogwalker Member

HI
    I am a newbie too, i had the same problem and was told the same thing. Anyway, i got POWER DVD installed it and hey presto problem solved. You can download it free. Give it a try.

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I'm a bit lost here. After burning a dvd, it should play back in just about any dvd player, and that includes a PC with a dvd drive. Are you using dvd+r media to burn with? Have you tried these on your home/TV DVD player?

4. dogwalker

dogwalker Member

I was told you shouldnt use windows media player for playing dvds, as many people have encountered this problem, especially with any dvd burnt. There was a help topic about this on windows, and was resolved with power dvd.

I do agree, that any dvd will play back using the right media, some of my dvds, copied or bought WILL play using windows media player.
    But i now always use power dvd.

thought this may help