1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maure, Mar 31, 2005.

1. maure

maure Member

I have cable movies on my hard drive but I'm not able to burn them to a DVD. The movies say they are copy protected. I have the DVD X Copy 4.0.3.8 but the browse button is grayed out. Therefore I can't get into the files to burn the movies. Can anybody help?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

huh? how can a "cable movie" be copy protected?

Browse button only works in RF versions.

Try DVD Shrink to open the file ... Decrypter to burn.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What format are these movies in? MPEG/AVI/DivX

How did you get them to your hard drive? If they were captured to your hard drive through your video card then they will need to be converted to DVD compliant files before you can burn them to a DVD.

4. maure

maure Member

I have windows media center on my computer. I just have to go to a guide and pick out what movies I want to record. The problem is, it just goes on my hard drive. When I try to burn them it says they are copy protected. I was told that DVD X Copy platinum would do the trick but it doesn't. I guess you have to have the RF version in order for the browse button to work. Does anybody know where I can get that or is there a way I can get the movies to burn on a DVD?

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Maure,

FYI, XCopy hasn't been made for well over a year and it's been over a year and 1/2 since any work was done on it. It pretty much doesn't do too much anymore.

Try DVD Shrink / DVD Decrypter guide in my sig and see if it will work :)

On the off chance that you have it on your HD in a DVR format then follow this guide -

http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/564/Burn_ReplayTV_to_DVD.html

Cheers,

Pete

Rereading my post I wanted to make sure I was clear, you'll do much better using programs that stay up with today's technology rather than trying to purchase an out-dated proggy like DVD XCopy.

You might try NeroVision OR dvd Santa if you file requires rendering if not - the guide in my sig will do it :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005