1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camcorder Requirements Help

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Rorx, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Rorx

Rorx Member

I'm new to the forums, so Hey everyone.

Anyways, I'm looking for a MiniDV camcorder around £250-£300. The problem is I would like one which allows connection of an external mic and headphones. I would also like it to have DV in/out. I'm struggling to find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

/Rorx

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. aahhaaa

aahhaaa Member

If you watch ebay, you can find really feature-packed cameras at 'pennies on the pound'. MiniDV is still developing and some models have serious problems- google Lens Cap Error to see an example.

The best bargains right now are Sony Digital8 cameras... a warranted TRV720 went on ebay for U$400 a few days ago. This camera had a built-in TBC, chromakey and lumikey, as well as superb Analog to Digital Passthru; not to mention the tapes thenselves are half the price. Does PAL & NTSC too. Just an example...

I generally go with Sony because everything tries to be compatible with Sony gear. Especially with editing software, DVI DVD burners, there is always a Sony preset.

Anyway, here is a link to Sony's downloadable manuals:
    http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp?src=sonysupport

You can check out the features & instructions of models you like.

One thing to remember about webportal Camcorder Reviews- they are generally 'First Looks'; they don't cover how the gear holds up in 'the real world'. It's forums like these that'll tell the real story!:]