1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camera gives me adpcm sound file

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mooner111, Mar 27, 2011.

1. mooner111

mooner111 Member

hi,

im trying to pull the sounds i recorded off a video on my hd digital camcorder to go with another video.

the output file on the camera is .avi and when i dmux i get the .h264 video and .adpcm sound.

however the sound file plays all scratched up and loud but plays fine when its in the avi container (i assume its something to do with a missing codec). is there a program that re-encodes the sound file to something else? because preferaby i would like it as an .mp4 or .aac

thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

I think the latest version of Audacity lets you drag the video onto the window and opens the audio, you can then export the audio as a separate file in AAC format.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

the missing codec is .. CTADP32.ACM

found after searching (I have a full set of everything.. some modified by me)

Choose Start > Control Panel > Add hardware. Click ‘Next’.

Choose 'Yes, I have already connected the hardware', then click ‘Next’.

Choose 'Add a new hardware device' (at the bottom of the list) and click ‘Next’.

Choose 'Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)', and click ‘Next’.

Select 'Sound, video and game controllers' and click ‘Next’.

Select '(Standard system devices)' and click 'Have Disk'.

Click 'Browse' when you get the 'Install From Disk' dialog box and open the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

In here you will find the mmdriver.inf file. Select it and click ‘Open’.

Click 'OK' in the 'Install From Disk' dialog box.

If you see a warning about logo compatibility, just click 'Continue Anyway'.

Now you should see a list of audio codec’s. Amongst it you should find Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec and IMA ADPCM Audio Codec (the two that I was missing) and many others. You can install what you require from here.

You need to install them one by one so select each in turn and click ‘Next’. This should re-install the codec (for the IMA ADPCM you will need your Windows XP CD, and for both you will need to restart your computer before the codec works). Repeat the procedure for each codec for which you need support

If you are asked for a .dll file with the IMA codec, use the one in the system32 folder.

note:: not my method.. may work or may not.. if not can't help