1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone tell me how to set this first_play with ifoedit?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by mickrick, Nov 10, 2004.

1. mickrick

mickrick Member

I want to jump to vts_1, PGC9 directly on starting the disc. It's to bypass that Disney "country selection" and "coming attractions" crap.

2. regor

regor Regular member

Hi there mickrick - It's hard to read between the lines when there is only one, so assuming you have made a full movie backup and there are portion(s) of the backup that you prefer not to view; you can highlight the entry(s) within IfoEdit and select: "DeletePlayback". Now bear in mind that totally removes playback for those particular menu item(s) or title(s). You can do this for the "FBI Warning", or in the case of DVD Xcopy (pre RF) you can delete playback of the "DVD Backup" warning message and just view the main movie -- The latter being an example, playback would skip the "DVD Backup" warning message and go directly to the main movie.

The footage, for lack of a better term, is still copied to the burnt DVD but playback is disabled; so it does not change compression whatsoever.

To identify the correct entry to be deleted you can highlight and select "Preview".

[bold]added commentary:[/bold] After thinking about this a while, and similar to re-authoring, which is what I'm doing by adding commentary :), I felt compelled to put a plug in for DVD Shrink (free). If you have content that you are not interested in why not use Shrink to backup the DVD and re-author to only select those portions of the movie that you "are" interested in? You get what you want with slightly better compression.

Hope this helps.

R

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004