1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can burn DVD+RW but not anything else on Platinum

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Snoopy3, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Snoopy3

Snoopy3 Member

I have done everything 321 studios gave me from updating windows, uninstalling software, disabling startup menus, changing my DVD burner speed, and etc. They don't know what to say to me when I call now. I can burn DVD's onto DVD+RW but not on DVD+R using advanced mode or xpress. It always says "Disc error" and it finallizes my disc. I have wasted over 20 DVD+R (Fuji Film 4x). I have updated my firmware on my TDK 840G DVD-+ internal burner.
    I have a 2.8 pentium, 1 gb of ram, windows xp pro. Brand new!
    Please Help!

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Snoopy3, you could try two things.

- When DVDXcopy has finished creating the files on your hard-drive, terminate it before the burning process.
    Then burn the files it created using a burning software like Nero.
    If you're not familiar as to how to burn a DVD, please check the following guides:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-udf-iso.php
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

- Use DVD Shrink instead of DVDXCopy. ;)
    Much more system-friendly.
    Much more flexible.
    As good (and IMHO better) quality.
    No "You're watching a backup" type screens.
    No copy protection or watermarking.
    Free... ;)

3. lasstss

lasstss Guest

I went thru the same nonsense. The problem happened when I upgraded to 321. I can write to DVD +RW but not +R's. It finalizes immediately.
    Tech at 321 knows its an issue on some machines. They told me to wait until the next rev. 321 leaves something behind as I reloaded 320 and it does the same thing. Perhaps the Nero option is viable. I havent tried it. I have been copying the movie to an RW then using roxio disc copy to make the DVDon a +R. It works but is a long way around.