1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can CloneDVD2 software convert a 2 hour and 40 minute movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lv638372, Jan 31, 2007.

1. lv638372

lv638372 Member

I sent this email to slysoft three days ago with no answer yet.
    Using the trial version of CloneDVD2 and anydvd I went through the setup to copy the entire Harry Potter DVD. When it was
    done reading I put the Sony DVD+R 120 mon/4.7GB accucore
    media in to copy dvd title. At the start I selected Clone DVD. It would not take the media. It said :Writing to video media was not
    successful source data to large. This writer is not capable of writing the source data as requested".
    to fit in the 120 minute media described above. The DVD
    XCopy did. So did Nero Recoder (but at 67% quality). Please
    let me know.
    Does anyone out there know the answer?

Product : CloneDVD
    Version : clone dvd2
    Drive(s): Matshita DVD-Ram SW-9585
    Title(s): Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets
    -------------------------------------------------
    Using the trial version of CloneDVD2 and anydvd I went through the setup to copy the entire Harry Potter DVD. When it was
    done reading I put the Sony DVD+R 120 mon/4.7GB accucore
    media in to copy dvd title. At the start I selected Clone DVD. It would not take the media. It said :Writing to video media was not
    successful source data to large. This writer is not capable of writing the source data as requested".

to fit in the 120 minute media described above. The DVD
    XCopy did. So did Nero Recoder (but at 67% quality). Please
    let me know.

P.S. I tried using your AnyDVD with the existing DVD XCopy
    Platinum and it flew. Never recorded faster. I was also
    able to record a DVD with Nero Recoder which I could not do
    before (yet the proces is slow). Your Clone DVD looks and
    works great if I could only record the movie.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes CloneDVD2 can shrink your movie down just fine, but a long movie like that (with all of that compression) I would go ahead and put it on two disks. If you need some help on using CloneDVD2 check out my guides (link in signature) there is even one there that shows you how to back up a large movie like that to one disk where you can keep the menus, extras and everything else.

Let me know how it works out for you!

3. lv638372

lv638372 Member

Thank you for your help. I recorded the movie "Gladiator" in 33 minutes with AnyDVD and DVDXCopy Platinum. Entire DVD fit on 1 one DVD. Playback beautiful!

The directions you kindley left for me, suggest breaking it up onto 2 dvds. Please direct me, to instructions where I can do exactly what I did with the DVDXCopy Platinum. Long movie onto one DVD disk? After I can do this, I can see if the quality is as good as what I have now and, read and write time. If both are better or even the same, I will buy the CloneDVD2 because it has updates where the DVDXcopy does not.
    Louis

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Almost anyother guide at my site will show you how to back up the movie onto one DVD5 disk. (Check my sig)

I would suggest the 2nd guide using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD

5. lv638372

lv638372 Member

I followed the instruction on your site CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD line by line. It cut down the read time from 56 minutes to 18 minutes by setting copy speed from fastest to 4X. However when it can time to write I got this again "Writing to video media was not
    successful source data to large. This writer is not capable of writing the source data as requested". So..Where exactly are the instructions.
    Louis

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Make sure in step 5 where you see the little drop down box at the bottom of the screen (Quality Setting) you choose DVD5 and CloneDVD will shrink the disk to fit on one disk for you.

7. lv638372

lv638372 Member

I followed the instruction on your site CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD line by line. Including choosing DVD 5. It cut down the read time from 56 minutes to 18 minutes by setting copy speed from fastest to 4X. However when it can time to write I got this again "Writing to video media was not
    Thank you for being so helpful.
    Louis

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is wierd I haven't heard of this happening before, and I have heard a lot. Try setting the quality setting to custom and make it 4200 MB. See if that works. If not what type of DVD discs are you using?

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You know what else I just thought of... How much room do you actually have on your hard drive? CloneDVD2 actually puts your files in a temp folder before burning and this could be the problem also. Just a thought.

10. lv638372

lv638372 Member

Thanks again. Ok 25.6 GB of free space. I took it to custom and 4200. It said 39%. When I took it to read it said 67 minutes...way to long compared to DVDXcopy Platinum which currently reads at half the time. It was 67 minutes at both 4X and 16X. Th burner is a 18X. I guess I will stay where I am DVDXCopy Platinum and AnyDVD.

Another topic: can you recommend something to copy VHS to DVD? I had an ATI all in wonder 128 PCI card. The multimedia software will not work with Windows 2000 or XP. It was designed for windows 98. The 32 MB card has new xp drivers to work as a video card. I have the VCR to video card converter connection cable. Is there software that will work with the current card? If not can you recommend something that works easily to start over again with?

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That ATI All in wonder card should still work fine for what you are trying to do. Have you tried going to ATIs website for some updated software ATI Drivers

What is the series of your card? I have an all in wonder 9800 Pro series my self and it works great. I also put a Leadtek TV2000XP in another computer I have and that works really good too, here is the link to that card Leadtek TV2000XPThe nice thing about that card is it also has a AM/FM tuner.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  12. lv638372

lv638372 Member

Hello again.ATI all in wonder 128 PCI card. The multimedia software will not work with Windows 2000 or XP. It was designed for windows 98. The 32 MB card has new xp drivers to work as a video card. I have the VCR to video card converter connection cable.

ATI tech suport says this card is no longer supported. There is nothing available on their website.