1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I add files to a bin/cue image?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ds155, Nov 25, 2003.

1. ds155

ds155 Member

Hi I'd like to add files to a bin/cue image, the bin/cue image is a game cd, but I want to add an update patch to this image file so that I have a back up with the patch already on there (not installed), therefore I don't have to download the patch again. So can I do this and if so how?

Thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Adding files to a BIN is similar to creating one:

You can create a CD-image from an abritrary set of files using WinISO. To do so, (1) Start WinISO (2) Actions --> Add Files/Add directory (3) Actions --> Add Files/Add directory (4) When done adding files, File --> Save As --> Give it a name (5) If you need BIN/CUE files, Convert --> BIN to ISO

You can create a CD-image from an abritrary set of files using Nero and CDMage. To do so, (1) Start Nero (2) Make a DataCD with all appropriate settings (3) Recorder --> Choose Recorder --> Select Image Recorder (4) Burn as you would normally by Nero will ask you to specify a location to save the NRG (cd-image file). Give it a location (5) Open CDMage --> Drag and drop the NRG file into CDMage (if it asks you for 'method' of reading, select Mode2/2048... that should work... if not, fiddle around). (6) File --> Save As --> Give it a name (7) Default save options should suffice

Hehe... Leafs.... :p (Jersey Fan)