1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I burn to DVD-R with files from DVD+R ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lukeinoz, Oct 5, 2004.

1. lukeinoz

lukeinoz Guest

Apologies for what must seem like a really dumb question, but I was wondering if I extract video from a DVD+R disc on my PC (using DVD shrink for example) can I edit it and then burn that video to a DVD-R disc ?

Also, someone told me that DVD+R recorders are better than DVD-R recorders because you can hit the pause button while recording to DVD+R and then recommence recording, but if you pause recording on a DVD-R recorder, it will close the session and nothing more can be recorded to the disc...is that true ?

Kind thanks for any information.

Luke

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Howdy there luke, welcome to aD -

The difference between a DVD-R and a DVD+R is only that the disc itself is a better disc. It has no bearing as to what is on the disc. If it's a +R or -R just copy the disc to your HD and burn to whatever.

I've never heard anything of the kind. What you're describing would be a function of the recorder and not anything to do with your media -

Here's a link to help you with all your DVD questions, it's called DVD's Demystified, everything you want to know about DVD's -

http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#4.3

cheers,

Pete

3. lukeinoz

lukeinoz Guest

Dear Pete

Thank you for your kind and friendly reply to my questions...it's very much appreciated and helped a lot :eek:)

Cheers,
    Luke

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

'Hey there Luke, it's what we do :p)

It's not time to leave just yet, hang out iffin you have the time, snoop around to some of the other forums, checkout the "Safety Valve", there's usually something in the "Wacko" category going on there -

Always feel free to stop back here at "Newbie Central" and pickup a few more pointers or tricks to make your computer work a bit easier -
    (NO, somebody isn't coming by your house to type for you. He's booked up until June, 2009) I was suggesting something in the line of a shortcut we may have come up with (it happens from time to time) OR a new proggy you might want to try - Ya never know . . . .

We'll lQQk for you later, OK ?

Till then, Sea Ya - - -