1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can multiple-disc games be played with Viper?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by neonikngc, Apr 5, 2005.

1. neonikngc

neonikngc Guest

Dows the swap function works in games like Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, or Tales of Symphonia???

2. maddenart

maddenart Member

3. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

I don't know if it's true what I heard, but I heard cobra 1.0 makes ViperGC a no-swap chip.

If it is true, then the new chip thing (Qoob I think it's called) will not be interesting IMO.
    Cause I don't have the need to play MP3's and such on my GC. So ViperGC and the Cobra 1.0 bios will be good enough.

[EDIT]
    Right after posting this reply I found this:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/176887 [EDIT]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  4. maddenart

maddenart Member

the new cobra boots up dvd-r great and mini's but you still have to swap with dvd+r's just burn everything to dvd-r and your good to go.

5. viperchip

viperchip Guest

yes it works i have put four games on to one disk and it works just fine...

6. neonikngc

neonikngc Guest

how can I change discs, when I try, disc 1 stops spinning, but when I place the second, nothing happens HELP!!!

7. viperchip

viperchip Guest

This is for the use with mutiple games on one disk only...........

you need to boot your gamecube and go to config and change the way you boot up using the x button pressed in on pad when you turn your gamecube on....just change it to use mutiple boot when you boot the gamecube with the x button press when you press the on switch and it loads the games up on the screen and just play the one you want to play...plus any time you boot up using the x botton it will work for you again and again hope that sorted that out for you... :D

8. neonikngc

neonikngc Guest

Is there something I can do if I have the game on 2 discs?

9. viperchip

viperchip Guest

Cant answer that one as i have not played one with two disk yet like resident evil 4...

have you tried it on that multi option to see if the first disk loads as it might do the same thing for the second disk as well but like i said never tried a two disk game yet...sorry cant help you on that one m8 :C