1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can no longer use DVD+R for burning but only DVD+RW

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by sarahlog, Jul 14, 2006.

1. sarahlog

sarahlog Member

In short, for whatever reason, I can no longer burn DVDs using blank DVD+R but instead can only do so using DVD+RW on my laptop. This shouldn’t be the case for two reasons.
    First, when ready for burning and I pop in my blank DVD+R, I get a message saying “This disc is not writable. Please insert a writable disc……”
    It goes on to say “Disc required for the compilation: DVD+R/RW”
    “Disc type in the recorder: DVD+R”
    So I take it that what I need is either DVD+R or DVD+RW but obviously the disc that’s in there is DVD+R. That makes no sense.

Secondly and most illogical is that when first started burning, I was using DVD+R!! I still have those movies that I burned using DVD+R but I can no longer do so with DVD+R.

I can’t understand why my laptop is no longer allowing DVD+R for burning. I used to be able to do so with no problem but now it only takes DVD+RW which is a bit more expensive (although rewritable). But I would much prefer to go back to using DVD+R.

I can’t come up with a theory as to why it no longer allows DVD+R. Between the time I first started burning and now, the laptop has crashed a few times and I had to reinstall windows. I also had to get a brand new hard drive. But even before I got a new hard drive, it was already at a point where it was only taking DVD+RW, and no longer DVD+R. Besides, I don’t think having to install windows again or new hard drive should have any effect.

I am hoping that someone can figure out why this is the case and would like to know how I can go back to using DVD+R for burning instead of DVD+RW.

Thanks in advance.

2. agentgman

agentgman Regular member

What program are you using to burn it? It might just be the program, or you could try to get a different brand of dvd-r. Try that. Hope that helps.