1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can this be done?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by crocky, Jan 30, 2005.

1. crocky

crocky Member

is it possible to make a dvd copy of a film that's on the hard drive after downloading from the net.
    i've tried and can burn and write to a dvd but cannot get the dvd to play in my player.
    my writer ia a NEC 3520,
    and i am using a MEMOREX DVD-RW.
    any help please.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Most movies you get off the net are AVI or DivX files. You need to convert them to DVD format to play them on your home player. I use NeroVision Express to do this. Start a DVD Video project and bring in the files and nero will convert them to DVD format. Or you can search for programs that will convert them for you.

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

To add to larrylje's response, tell us more specifically about the format of the "film".

4. crocky

crocky Member

hi, sorry if this sounds a little odd but i'm not to sure just what you mean.

type of file video clip
    size 361 mb
    image width 352 pixels
    image height 240 pixels
    duration 1-39-00
    audio format lame mp3
    video 14 frames/second
    video compression ms-mpeg v3

hope you can make sennse of that, if not please let me know what you need.
    cheers

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

To find out what extension it is go to the folder the files are saved in then pull the tools menu sown and then click on folder options. Then when the window aperas click on the view tab then half way down the list below you will see a box that says "hide extensions of known file types" make sure that is unchecked and then click on OK at the bottem of the windows then it should show you the abrevation of the extension type.

6. jtrath

jtrath Member

hey crocky i have the same burner have you ever burned the movie resident evil apocolypse if so did it work and if it did what software did u use.