1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you pro's please help us newbies??????

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by stanton, Feb 17, 2003.

1. stanton

stanton Member

Alright?

I am now on adsl and new to this whole video extravaganza.

I think i am speaking for alot of people out there!!!

I have read alot of the threads bout different aspects of: download to hard disk, hard disk to monitor, monitor to sound card, whole thing converted to japanese and back again to get codecs, sync to cd-rw and then it still prob wont play on my dvd player in the lounge!!!

Could you please help us in a 'simple' way to get from internet to lounge dvd player.

***I have managed to start downloading from e-mule.....goood?...bad???*****

2. dgeallsop

dgeallsop Member

hi i am also new to this game i have tried dozens of programs which apparently convert files so you can play them on your home dvd player no luck i have also downloaded countless movies which i thought were fakes but they werent i just needed to download a codec so now i can watch on my pc the codec i downloaded was from divx.com most of the films you dl will probally be a divx file the divx codec will allow you to watch them as for burning onto cd there are dozens of threads for them i personally use kazaalite i have used emule before but i find kazaa a much better search engine if you would like a copy drop me a line if you use instant messaging hotmail or msn i can transfer my file to you while we chat then i can also help you with config and a few helpfull tips kazaa is full of spyware but kazaalite is clean i also use adware along side kazaalite just to check if you want to contact me direct my email add is dodgeallsop@hotmail.com
    regards dodge ps i use tv out from my video card to watch my downloaded movies and games on my tv do you have tv out on your pc ?