1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot view Jpegs HELP............ PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by jarviss, Jun 27, 2007.

1. jarviss

jarviss Member

Hi
    I'd appreciate if anyone could help with my issue:

I've just come home from holiday and uploaded all the photos and video clips onto my pc.
    I selected all the files and MOVED them into a folder, When i go into the folder now, half of them are showing in thumbnails and the rest are showing up but with no thumbnail preview. when I try to open one of the problem files with photo and fax viwer, it says "preview not available". the files ARE jpeg and they are all aroun 1.3mb so there is something there, I just cant see it.
    I have tried opening them with Photoshop, Nero, Irfan viewer, paint, Powerpoint photo viewer and none of them work. I tried opening the video clips with vlc and no joy either. I moved some of them back to the memory card of my camera (as they were all viewable on it previously) but could no longer view them on the camera either. my card was empty as I moved them to the pc rather than copying them. I found a software program that will restore moved files on the memory card once the card hadn't been formatted, so I ran it and it found all the working files but didn't find the problem files. I'm tearing my hair out, I really want these photos and I have Googled all over the place, people seem to have this issue but I've been unable to find a resolution.
    Can anyone help? The camera is a fuji S5200 and it is a Fuji 2GB XD card (dont know if that is relevent).
    It's weird how half are fine and half are dodgy, Is there any hope for me?

Cheers

Jarvis

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Get hold of Fuji

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007