1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by turtle73, Nov 12, 2004.

1. turtle73

turtle73 Member

I have a Pioneer DVR-AO8 and i can only burn DVDs (using the DVDx backup program)with re-writable dvds and not the standard dvds - can anyone help me??
    It is brand new - it gives me a message when burning in the DVDx backup program like - if you are unsure about your burner (+ -)?
    use a re-writable DVD disc only ...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  2. askyew

askyew Regular member

Is it new? Have you ever been able to burn another format? Have you tried a different brand of media? Do you get an error when trying to burn? Have you tried dvd decrypter and dvd shrink to rip and burn?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Which version software have you? what firmware is in your pioneer (should be 1.14)? Exactly what is the message you get?

4. turtle73

turtle73 Member

the message is ... if you are unsure about your hardware use a +- dvd to burn
    the disc actually does burn but there are no icons on it to open up when using the non rewritable dvds

5. turtle73

turtle73 Member

the exact message that comes up on screen is :

Notice:
    If you arent sure if the Clone DVD supports your Drive, please use a Rewritable DVD +/-RW to burn to avoid the loss of DVD-R while the failur of burning.

What the F...