1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn movie to dvd - using nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by john1816, Apr 20, 2005.

1. john1816

john1816 Member

have merged two avi files in nero to make one file which was around 3 gb. run time of movie is 1 hr 57 mins. when i tried to burn to a 4.7 gb disc i got a message saying the file wouldnt fit and could either switch to dvd-9 or burn at long play instead of normal. Burnt ok at long play but does anyone know why i couldnt burn the file at normal play?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yes seems odd?

but try this use dixtodvd its free and very good convertor it will output vob/ifo/bup for burning in nero say

you can add multiple files and i would say quailty is better than nero, its faster and sorts sound sync on auto...

but i wonder if nero read the file size wrong?

long play or short play? do your standalones read the film? never heard of this?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  3. john1816

john1816 Member

hi. thanks for the quick reply. no problem with playing back the movie on dvd player as it has long play facility, dont know if this is standard feature now but tried to play disc on older dvd player and it wouldnt work. are there any settings on nero 6 that may need to be altered to accommodate burning almost 2 hrs onto a single dvd- disc ?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not sure on settings, how do you know the whole folder set is 3gig?

5. john1816

john1816 Member

ok. just run the project again. sorry, my mistake, once it had been changed to long play, the size was just over 3 gb. originally it was 4.48 gb. 0.10 gb too much. apologies to you. if i took the completed long play disc and used dvdshrink would it then fit on a standard normal play disc ?

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yes dvd shrink will make it the right size!

note if useing cheapo media set shrink to 4300 output size! good media dont bother