1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy "Darkness"?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by godhead7, Apr 26, 2005.

1. godhead7

godhead7 Member

Has anyone had any luck ripping Darkness? I have tried using the newest version of Shrink as well as Decrypter (in both File mode and in ISO Read mode) and can't get it to rip so that I can dub it. Any help is appreciated.

2. mele27

mele27 Member

I backed this problem up with no problems. I use AnyDVD5.1.1.1 and Cone DVD2 2.7.5.1. I also got Blade Trinity, Spanglish and The Grudge to back up with these two programs. No other programs could back up Spanglish or The Grudge that I tried to use. These two movies have the new copyright on them from Sony called ARccos. You ccan only backup the movie and not the entire discs though. Who cares when you can at least have the movie than not having it backed up at all. You can download both of these programs for free on the PHP program Shareaza. Just do a search engine for this site and it is a peer to peer file sharing site.

3. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

It worked for me. All i used was dvd shrink and nero. dvd decrypter wasn't needed. what kind of error message are you getting?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  4. godhead7

godhead7 Member

Got a "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)" in both programs. I tried to use AnyDVD 5.1.1.1 this morning and even that won't read the disc. I have tried all 3 of my drives thinking it may been the manufacturer (I have a Phillips burner, an external NEC 3520 burner and another internal DVD reader) and they all give me the same error.

I also tried to open the file with Shrink directly from the DVD itself and got the same error. Not sure where to go at this point.

As for the other movies mentioned above, I had no problem with The Grudge but have not tried Spanglish. Used Shrink and Nero on Grudge with no issues at all.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  5. godhead7

godhead7 Member

Ok, found out what the problem was (duh!!). I hadn't tried to watch the movie before trying to rip it. The disc is bad. Freezes up each time we tried to watch so I will have to get a new one!

Thanks for the help and I have learned a lesson!

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yeah, that's what CRC errors usually mean. Bad disc.

7. mele27

mele27 Member

Yeah I have had the same thing happen to me before. I did not know why it was getting bad sector errors when I tried ripping it until I went to watch it and it was a bad brand new disc. I had this happen to me 2 times within 2 weeks. After this happens to you it doesn't take long for it to stick with you. Glad you fixed the problem.

8. kreepo

kreepo Member

I can rip with Decrypter and burn with Clone DVD2, but I have to compress to 67%. So I used DVD Fab to split the film, but now neither Clone DVD2 ("unexpected error...check input file available and properly mastered") or DVD Shrink ("invalid data file VTS01.1.VOB") will read the second half of the movie.

Any ideas? I'd rather have a cleaner copy of a dark movie like this.

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

10. kreepo

kreepo Member

I never considered using the scissors to burn halves. Brilliant! Thanks!

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You're welcome, I have been using this method and the DVD's come out great and you can keep the menus functional on both disks.