1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Erase DVD+RW To Burn In Another Program

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by altimase, Oct 17, 2003.

1. altimase

altimase Member

The Program works well to make a quality DVD back up on DVD+RW but the problem is that no other program will erase, burn or see RW media in the drive. I have tried in vain every program I can think of to erase and burn but with no luck. The DVD plays fine on my DVD player aswell as the computer but I can't erase or burn with other programs. I have tried the full erase function but you have to be in the process of copying a DVD to get to the screen that has an option for erase, and when you hit full erase the DVD burner flashes for about 30 seconds then stops and it still says that media on the disc will be overwritten.My question would be why does it seem that once you burn a DVD+RW with this program that you cannot use that DVD+RW with any other program?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003
  2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

RecordNow Max or Nero have eraser cababilties. If you have roxio ecdc it can reformat the cd/dvd.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXCxpress 3.02
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 6 Ultra[/small]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003
  3. altimase

altimase Member

Well I have Tried everything including the programs mentioned and still no go. It's almost as if something is left on the DVD+RW that only Dvd X Copy can read. The Dvd's burn & play fine if I use Dvd x Copy and I could burn & erase with other apps like nero before I used X Copy.......weird.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003
  4. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hi there, the programs like Nero, RecordNow and Roxio do have the erase function but for some weird situation, you might want to try to do 'formatting' to clear off all the stuff and than 'erase' to convert formatted DVD+RW back to 'new' again. Gee, the formatting of a DVD+RW can be quite timing and is up to you whether is it worth the trouble.

5. altimase

altimase Member

Unfortunately I am in the same boat when I try to format in any other program aswell. Any program that has claimed to erase the disc (always in less than 30 sec) leaves the disc now appearing with 0 bytes in what now is a CD drive instead of a dvd ram drive in windows.

6. onestop

onestop Regular member

Wow! super weird stuff huh! Great spirit of persevering in solving the problem. 2 thumbs up MAN! Lastly, what I normally do is to throw that damp piece of shit into the trash bin.... ha ha ha.. just kidding.

7. altimase

altimase Member

At this point I am stuck using Dvd X Copy to test burn with these dvd+rw's until I find a program that will erase and or format the discs for use in another program.