1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't escape the j-e-r-k-i-n-e-s-s !!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dontbugme, Oct 25, 2004.

1. dontbugme

dontbugme Member

ok, I have an avi file where the framerate is 23.97, which is supposed to be correct for NTSC-film standard. The original file when played on my PC is smooth. I ran it through the NTSC-film template in TMPGEnc Plus, which dumps an MPEG out the other end. Using Nero's VCD template, I burnt this to disk. End result - no audio and the same slightly jerky movement I always seem to get if converting a file, whatever method I follow!

Where am I going wrong here then?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The error is simply this one: YOU-USE-NERO! DON'T-DO-IT!!!

Further, 23.976 fps is not a problem: I've seen movies 20 fps who you can use to build a correct PAL or NTSC .MPG with TMPGenc.

If the .MPG output from TMPGenc runs nicely, use VCDGear (read the 'sticky thread' to learn how to uise it, build with it a VCD's .BIN/.CUE image and ONLY NOW, since you seem to like it very much, you can burn the .CUE cuesheet (and, simultaneously, the .BIN image) with Nero doing: File___Burn Image.

If the movie is longer than 80',as I wrote in my 'sticky' thread "100% working method to make a VCD" (which you didn't read), do in TMPGenc: Settings__Advanced__Select Range and run TMPGenc twice: from 0 to frame F for Video_CD1.mpg, from F+1 to -1 (end) for Video_CD2.mpg.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004