1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find firmware for Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K16RS

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Skitzy, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

I have an Acer Aspire 5100 that has a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K16RS and I cannot find the firmware for it anywhere. If anyone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it. If your wondering what is wrong with the drive I have no idea. I booted Sabayon (live) off it earlier and as soon I returned to my normal OS my optics quit working, can't boot from disc, can't even load a mp3 cd.. kinda strange huh?

Upon contacting pioneer I was recently informed that they only support the k16(store bought) not the k16 *rs(shipped on my Acer) and that I would have to contact the manufacturer for that firmware. Checked Acer's website and they don't have it either. Correct me if I'm wrong but the firmware drivers for my DVD-RW drive will not be on my original system restore disc will they? Seems to me that the optic drives come to them pre-built, they just assemble the rest of the computer and make a pretty splash screen, correct? I'm really confused as to where to get the firmware if neither the manufacturer of the drive nor the manufacturer of the computer have it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  2. JVC

JVC Active member

You will probably have to contact Acer, by phone or email. With it being an OEM drive, if you get firmware from anywhere other than Acer, you'll void your warranty. They can at least tell you if the firmware is on your restore disc.
    Good luck!

3. leverage

leverage Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

5. JVC

JVC Active member

Look here NEWBIE.... Don't come here and tell people to ignore what a regular, long time member suggests. Afterall, it is a suggestion! You're welcome to make another suggestion, but don't ever tell anyone to forget, or ignore, what someone else says!

Why do you want Skitzy to lose his/her warranty, on their computer? Do you have a personal grudge against them, and figure that's a way to hurt them? Or are you just some 10 yr. old child, that thinks it's funny, to cause someone to void their warranty?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

leverage, lightning struck!!! posts edited