1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"can't find timecode during capture"

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mrhappy89, May 20, 2004.

1. mrhappy89

mrhappy89 Member

I just got a Canon Elura 50 camera and whenever I try to capture any video with it in Premiere Pro, i get this "can't find timecode during capture" error and the capturing stops. It even does this when I just do analog pass-thru. Sometimes it'll happen a few seconds after the capture starts and sometimes it'll go about a minute and a half before it happens; it seems to happen randomly rather than at a set point. I've tried everything I can think of- resetting the computer, turning off device control, using another program (which just freezes during capture without giving an error), etc but nothing works. Any ideas how I can fix this? Is there any way to disable or have it ignore the timecode?

Thanks immensely for any an all help

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Have you tried capturing with other software? If you really like Premiere Pro for editing, just capture with another proggy and use Premiere to import and edit.

3. snyapathi

snyapathi Member

I have a query related (?) to timecode. When I tried to transfer (capture) the video picture from the tape to PC, through USB streaming, using Image Mixer software supplied with the camera, I could not see the date and time information (data code) on the captured video. What could be the problem and what is the solution?

Sreedhar

4. snyapathi

snyapathi Member

I have a query related (?) to timecode. When I tried to transfer (capture) the video picture from the tape to PC, through USB streaming, using Image Mixer software supplied with the camera, I could not see the date and time information (data code) on the captured video. What could be the problem and what is the solution?

Sreedhar