1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get an AVI to play

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by leroyorel, Mar 29, 2007.

1. leroyorel

leroyorel Regular member

Nothing about DVD burning here. Nice and simple. I downloaded last Friday's "episode" of Smackdown from isohunt in full-length AVI form and it wouldn't play. In anything. I tried WMP, WMP2, NeroMP, and RealPlayer. None of them could do anything with it. The player would get an error and give me the "Send"/"Don't Send" prompt and close. I tried to convert it from AVI to MPEG but that program did the same thing. So I assumed it was the file. I deleted it and downloaded the show again in RAR form this time. I put it back together and had the exact same problem with the second video. I don't know what this could possibly be. Help?

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

maybe you don't have the codec.

Also which program are you trying to use to watch it?

Media Player Classic works good for watching .AVI

3. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

More than likely it's in either divx or xvid format. If you get the K-lite mega codec pack (Google it) you should be able to play anything. If you still can't play divx properly (You get a picture with funny lines) then you can get the divx codec by itself.

4. leroyorel

leroyorel Regular member

Thanks a lot, simpsim. It worked!