1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get Nero or DVDxCopy to recognize DVD drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by holderlin, Apr 21, 2003.

1. holderlin

holderlin Guest

I have Sony DRX-500ULX (don't know the firmware - I can't find it in the device manager). I'm using Nero 5.5.9.9 and DVDxCopy v.1.0. My operating system is Windows XP.

With Nero (in classic mode) the wizard includes a greyed-out dvd option but won't let me click on it. When I go into the compile window only cd recording options are available. I have changed recorder type in Nero. When I do this the DVD drive is identified as "Virtual Recorder," SCSI ID is blank, Adapter is "Virtual Device," Adapter No. is blank. Max CD Speed "Not Available," Firmware Revision "Not available," Bufferunderrun protection "Not supported."

With DVDxCopy I can rip the dvd but when it comes time to burn it the target drive drop down menu is blank.

I have run a dvd in the dvd recorder so that it set the region. I have only installed RecordNowDX (but only after Nero and DVDxCopy) wouldn't work. RecordNow recognizes the drive but the only options it gives me are "make an exact copy," "make a music disc," and "make a data disc." I'm not sure which to use.

Thanks for any help.
    Bob

2. holderlin

holderlin Guest

I upgraded to Nero 5.5.10x and I was able to find my dvd burner. So now I can at least burn discs (or at least the first one I tried) successfully.

I'm wondering if the version of DVDxCopy doesn't recognize my burner because the former is too old. I really don't want to spend the $100 since there seem to be free alternatives.

Bob

3. chumley

chumley Guest

4. madskull

madskull Guest

nero might clash with one or two of your other burning software programs. check it out.Still no joy try vob 6.5 off kazaa have to get rid of nero though!

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Nero 5.5.9.9. works fine w/ Pioneer 104
    Win XP Pro

6. herbsman

DVD X Copy needs gettin' rid of in my opinion : )

Last edited: Apr 22, 2003
  7. holderlin

holderlin Guest

Thanks to all. I've ditched the various versions of DVDxCopy that I've tried since I've not been able to burn a single good copy. FYI: Amazon.com is selling DVDxCopy for 84.99 + $20 rebate. This reminds me of the Woody Allen joke: "the food is terrible . . . and such small portions."

Thanks again,
    Bob

8. herbsman

[bold]: P [/bold]