1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get some channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by aslanirl, Aug 21, 2007.

1. aslanirl

aslanirl Member

i cant get some channels like celtic tv chelsea tv and seatanta sports 2 and some music channels im on mmds n*l in lusk. only copped on when i seen my mates starview he on v2.7 i think, and im on v4,50 with the starview 2

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You should be receiving a lot more channels. Have you tried another autoscan?

3. aslanirl

aslanirl Member

yeah have done this and brought the box to my mothers hause and got 188 channels on it this morning and when i bring it home to my house i only get 141 total thats with radio as well can i change the symbol rate to anything else its on 6687

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You should be recieving around the same amount as your mothers house. It should be around 176 channels including radio, (your mothers channels may include some duplicates). The symbol rate you are using is correct.

You may be in an area that has a bandwidth issue on the nearby MMDS mast and that is all the channels you can get. Are there neighbours on the same MMDS system and if so how many channels are they recieving?

5. aslanirl

aslanirl Member

there is 4 of us that have mmds but just me with a starview 2 the box. but not to worry eh i get the main channels i need i just being greedy now. just one other thing mate whats the story with the ppv channel how do i know if that works i have a singal bar on it but it keeps coming up scrambled or bad channel

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Dont worry the PPV football channel is gone and the other PPV channel is for box office events, which you will recieve when they are broadcast.