1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play DVD's created with Sanyo DRW 1000 on my PC

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jmcole, Nov 12, 2004.

1. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

I just purchased a Sanyo DRW 1000. I am using Memorex DVD-RW. I have finalized the disc, but I can't get it to work on my Sony DRU-500AX. Please, Please Help!!!!

2. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

I can use my RiData DVD-R and it works great. But I want to re-use the disks, thus RW. I can't afford to try all the different brands of RW. Is it the Memorex that I'm using, or am I doing something wrong?????

3. Supremos

Supremos Member

Its the Memorex discs. I havent verified this yet myself but I read DRW-1000 models have problems with Memorex discs. There was a post somewhere (cant remember where) where someone spoke with Sanyo support and they stated Memorex discs wont funtion right. The guys just tried another brand and it worked fine after that.

Try using a different brand see if that helps. If I can find the actualy thread I'll post it here...

UPDATE:
    I found the post... lol. Heres the link:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/104726

Its right here on the afterdawn site... I knew I seen it somewhere!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  4. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

Thanks. I just bought some Fujifilm (That's all that BestBuy had when I was there). I'm going to give that a try to see if it makes a difference.