1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play files in WMP 10 anymore.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Raziel19, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Raziel19

Raziel19 Guest

Hey. I'm new to the site but I've been checking it out alot for answers to most of my computer problems. I recently downloaded a codec pack called Ace Mega Codec Pack to play certain files I couldn't before. It didn't work and now some of the files that I always could play in WMP won't play at all, an error appears saying "An operation was attempted on a pin that doesn't exist in the DirectShow filter graph." They always played before. Anyone,what should I do?

2. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

It might be that the codec pack changed some registry keys that WMP used to locate the proper DSfilter, but was moved when you installed it. I would consider not even using that player.

A great player called Media Player Classic is a really compact and light player that plays all sorts of files and easily sets up for DSfilters in codec packs like Ace Mega Codec Pack.

WMP 10 tends to likes using certified filters most of the time, and I also heard that it had a problem with that codec pack, if I can recall correctly. Good luck!

3. kaledrr

kaledrr Member

Try VLC, it is great