1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Play GBA Roms On M3

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dmoney101, Jul 13, 2007.

1. dmoney101

dmoney101 Member

I updated my M3 and tried to play some GBA roms (i've never used them before) but none of them worked. I tried to write them all 3 ways (soft patch, hardware patch 1 and hardware patch 2) but it always just loads them as a white screen. I tried in GBA mode and NDS mode. are there any GBA games that never work? I was using Sonic Advance to test it

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Try pressing Start instead of A to load them, also make sure your in GBA mode.

3. dmoney101

dmoney101 Member

i did, still nothing

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Try copying the game directly to your card without using the gamemanager, also copy a save file in your GBASAVE folder and rename it so it is the same as the GBA game (e.g "GBAgame1.gba" has a save called "GBAgame1.dat") Make sure the save file is left in the GBASAVE folder.

EDIT: Actually to be sure get the save file found at "C:\Program Files\M3 GAME Manager\gamesave" and rename that one, this is the file the gamemanager uses to create savefiles.

EDIT2: I have just thought of one thing...you are using a proper M3 (an M3 Perfect) and not the cheap crappy "M3 Pro" right?

EDIT3: FFS, ignore the auto-link on "proper", afterdawn seems to have gone a bit mad recently with their auto-links. (BANGS HEAD ON DESK! see, they even did it to the word mad ¬_¬)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  5. dmoney101

dmoney101 Member

i did the direct copy thing and nothing, one game just boots up like normal then says "your save data is corrupted". there are no saves in the GAMESAVES folder btw. I'm not sure if i have the Perfect or Pro, i think it's the perfect though.

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Sorry I made a mistake, the saves should be in the GAMESAVES folder (i'm running off of memory, havn't used my M3 perfect for a long time).
    you need to check if you have perfect or pro, perfect runs GBA games fine, pro can only use GBA games under 4MB.

7. dmoney101

dmoney101 Member

oh really, the games that i get "save is corrupt" are all 4mb, the 8mb and 16mb just show a white screen.

i think it may be the Pro, but idk how to tell. it looks like this. all i know for sure is that it's MiniSD

[​IMG]

EDIT: ok, i finally got a game to work. i obviously have a P.O.S. Pro because the only game to play is the one that's 4mb. everything else is 8 or 16

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  8. dmoney101

dmoney101 Member

since I can't play most GBA games, can I play gameboy/gameboy color and snes/nes games? are they all 4mb and under?