1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant play mini disk anymore

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by skoalmint, Jan 26, 2005.

1. skoalmint

skoalmint Member

i just replaced my dvd player and installed a dvd burner on computer..i cant seem to get my unit to read or open the disk..it says please insert a disk..i used to beable to play them befor i installed my dvd burner....whats wrong?..do i need to install anything?

-thanks-

2. skoalmint

skoalmint Member

by mini disk i mean my dvd camcorder... its a hitachi

3. woody_223

woody_223 Member

does it play any disks

at first thought it would appear to me that the drive is faulty

does it try to spin up the disk and read it or does it just close and nothing happen, the light should light up on the drive and it should wirr a few times

ensure you have it set correctly as a master or slave

ideally it would prefer to be on secondary master but it shouldnt make too much difference

just check those things and post back

4. skoalmint

skoalmint Member

yeah it plays, reads, burns every big disk...but when i put in my mini cam disk it read it for abut a minute then nothing happens...i right click F drive and got open and explore and it say insert a disk..when i try to open it, it take up to a minute to open...im thinking of taking out my CD-burner and put my dvd player in

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

check that the burner you bought is setup tp play DVD-RAM discs. Thats the format that the disc is BEFORE it is finalized. If you are using a dvd-r mini then it will allow you to finalize it and play it and manipulate and everything.

I suspect your old one just wasnt fussy about the format and the new one is.

6. skoalmint

skoalmint Member

i just took out the stock cd-r burner and put in my dvd player...now nothing works, my dvd player and burner isnt even showing up..i think i have to dig around to find my cd's for installing my drives

if someine knows a way it would be a great help

-thanks-