1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play .mpeg......can't find mpeg-1 codec ANYWHERE

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by pogo0886, Aug 17, 2004.

1. pogo0886

pogo0886 Member

Hi! I'm new here. Just wondering if anyone could tell me where I can get the mpeg-1 codec to download, or how I can take it from one computer with windows and put it on mine.

My uncle gave me his old laptop and he reformatted it right before he gave it to me, and I guess when he reinstalled Windows mpeg-1 wasn't included...so now I've got codecs for mpeg 2,3,4 and divx installed, and I can play all types of .avi's, but I can't play back my videos that are .mpeg extension.

I've looked all over the web for a day- can't find an mpeg-1 codec to download. I got this program for converting .mpeg to .avi, but that is SO tedious and I wish I could just play back my .mpeg's normally. I'm gonna try to copy every "mp...anything" file I find in the System folder on this computer and put those files in mine and see what happens...if anyone has suggestions I'm certainly listening. Thanks.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest