1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play recorded video, DVB-T USB STICK

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rogue212, Jan 3, 2008.

1. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

Hi, i've bought a Freecom digital terrestrial tv and radio receiver, the DVB-T USB STICK.
    After recording i,m left with files that play back through the original program but won't play wiyh any video player or load into any video converter.
    I'm meant to be able to record any programs and convert them to dvd according to the box label, i havin't heard anything from freecom after i contacted them by e-mail regarding this problem.
    The files have the mpg extention and only one program gave me some information which after the error unknown format, gave this: mpeg transport stream.
    I've tried every codec player converter etc but with no success, and i have quite a few, hope you can help, thanx

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Try a google for 'Mpeg transport stream players' and read the Wikipedia in there.
    jbvid

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  3. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

Thanx for the info, i've found a program called AutoGK, It converts the video to avi fine but i lose the original sound, i.e the original narration keeps getting replaced by what seems to be the editors talking about the programe, talking it through so to speak, see my new thread.

Yea i know that sounds strange. Freecom sent me a link to a doom 9 guide using different programs for converting to dvd.

http://www.doom9.org/DigiTV/dvbs-soft.htm