1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Save Six Flags Commercial

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ZignZag, Feb 27, 2007.

1. ZignZag

ZignZag Member

I would like to know how to save this streaming media. I have pulled this out of the temp folder but can never get to play. I would like to save to DVDr and play when I don't have a internet connection. Here is the link. I did find a site that offered the video with there name pasted on it. I would rather learn how to save this for my own use just as it aired on TV. Here is the link:

mms://streams.sixflags.com/SixFlagsLaunch

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you just add it to your playlist in windows media player, and it will save it, i just did

3. ZignZag

ZignZag Member

Saving the video to my playlist is working. I am sure it isn't the video itself. The playlist extention file (Windows Media playlist) is only 4.00 KB and the video file is 1.67 MB. If I am truly saving the video then it should be the same size as the other. It looks to me like I am saving the page or streaming information to play offline. I would like to capture the entire file. I'm not sure but I may need to convert file to be able to play. Anyways the temp file is 1.67 MB and when I save to playlist the file is much smaller 4.00 KB.

How can I save this video even if need be converted but I would like to save the original file. Again I don't think playlist is saving the original streaming video. If I am wrong then please explain. BTW I am unable to play the larger file when I pull it out of the temp folder. Nothing will reconize video to play.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

i did just what i said to do and it works, and just to make sure i went to a place where my wi-fi would not wotk and it worked just fine

5. ZignZag

ZignZag Member

I must be an idiot because I am saving to playlist that I know of and it works yes as well, but is it the original video? because Im telling you the size of the file is very small. please explain, because I am looking to save the original streaming file and If you are saving the original file than I am not saving it like you are. please look into it and if you are right than I am saving the wrong way. If this is the case please give me step by step. Please keep in mind that I saved to playlist and then looked at the file and the file is tiny. I think it is too tiny to be the video file in the playlist. As I stated both file sizes in the previous messages. Can I get your thoughts on that?

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

the size of the file is 1.9mg yes it is small on the screen you can change the size of the screen,

7. ZignZag

ZignZag Member

I still do not think we are talking about the same thing. I am not talking the screen size. Thank you for your help, but Please reread my posts.

8. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

yes i understand the size of the file is small but i was able to save the file the way i said