1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't uninstall AVG anti virus

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by grantr, Mar 19, 2007.

1. grantr

grantr Member

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I have been having big problems with my computer freezing, rebooting by itself etc then today my AVG antivirus wouldn't start and I kept getting error messages regarding AVG kernel. Every time I open any program I get the box saying "whatever program" has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have tried to remove uninstall AVG and then reinstall but I can't even uninstall it..it keeps saying installation failed. I have tried scanning with my other programs like adaware and AVG spyware but they are not working either. I downloaded spybot to try but when I click to open it it says something like this program has changed itself and is not meant to do this. I have zone alarm firewall and this seems to be working OK. I don't know what to do next. Can someone pls suggest something to help me fix this problem. Thanks.

2. grantr

grantr Member

Well my computer seems to be running OK now except my AVG anti virus is still not working. When I log on I get a message saying something about an AVG kernel interface problem and the application cannot run. I want to uninstall and reinstall it but every time I try to uninstall it wont work. I have tried thru my windows menu add/remove programs, the AVG setup menu (uninstall option) and thru CCleaner. It just says installation failed. Has anyone had this problem and can tell me how to uninstall it? I desperately need to fix it as I have no anti virus running at all. Thanks.