1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Uninstall Nerovision Express 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Jekes, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Jekes

Jekes Member

I have a Windows XP Service Pack 2 system. I'm trying to upgrade from Nero 6 to Nero 7. I had 3 Nero components to uninstall via Windows Add or Remove Programs:(1) Nero 6, (2) NeroVision Express 2, and (3) Nero Screensaver. AFter the uninstall of NeroVision Express, and a subsequent reboot I get a scripting error message caused by McAfee that I can't get rid of by answering X, Yes, or No. The rest of the system seems functional at this point, but Windows "System Restore" won't even run. It displays an empty window. Also, Windows Backup (ntbackup) gets an error trying to use "shadow copy" backup and proceeds without it which results in the backup failing on files it can't get. I can get out of this mess by restoring the Windows Registry. I have attempted the uninstall with McAfee completely turned off, but the other symptoms remain. Any help would be appreciated.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. Jekes

Jekes Member

I've been mulling that over. I guess it won't hurt to try it. I don't know if the clean tool will do a complete removal of a product or it is to be used after an uninstall performed via Windows Add or Remove Programs. I'll go to the Nero website and see what they say about it. Thank you.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Trust me , IT WORKS, or else neither Nero or members here at AD recommend it. I have used the clean tool each time I remove my Nero prior to upgrades with no adverse results...it's your decision though.
    There are a couple of programs that I can point to that still leave files remaining even you have deleted them through add/remove programs...one NOTORIOUS prog is NORTON AntiVirus

5. Jekes

Jekes Member

_
    gwendolin:
    I used the clean tool for Nerovision Express and it did work with no apparent adverse affects.
    Thank you.