1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't use new dvd burner

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jonoh, Dec 21, 2004.

1. jonoh

jonoh Guest

Have just installed new BTC dvd burner and my pc will not read it, or my dvd reader. It will see the drives and what is on them, but will not open anything. I have tried the writer in another pc (win98) and it worked, it will also work in safe mode. I have done a clean reinstall ( XP, SP2) without installing any burning software- the problem persists.
    HELP!!!!

2. CMo

CMo Guest

Try to set drive alone on secondary ide, if that is not acceptable set both drives as cs cable select. I still did not put sp2 on cause of the issues that are surfacing about it, maybe next year.

3. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

jonoh: Open your case and recheck your cable connections to and from the mobo and the devices. Did you or someone else do the hdw installs? Like CMo mentioned, how did you set the jumper on the device? Master, Slave or CS? Do you have two devices on the ribbon or round cable? If so, what are the jumper settings? Did you install the device drivers? Did you check this via control panel*system*hardware*device settings? Let us know.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Cable end with blue end to the MB for 80 pin ribbon

Two cable ends closest together are what you use for your burner and reader

Burner on the back should be set to Master

Reader on the back should be set to slave.