1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant't back up House season 2 disc#5

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by PNKWHITE, Oct 7, 2007.

1. PNKWHITE

PNKWHITE Member

I was able to back up all of the disc with anydvd and nero except for disc 5. I get the error on any dvd ripper as File I03vts_01_4.vob 871755776 and the error just using Nero Recode2 at 48% as: Faile to read File.. Disc error(cyclic redun check).. Any ideas on why I am getting these error only on disc 5? Thanks, Paul

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Have you tried cleaning the disc?

It may be a dirty disc, a scratch or shudder shudder a layer break problem.

I've found that if the disc has a layer break problem it causes a CR error right around the 50% (give or take 5%) mark . . . A set top DVD player may freeze momentarily and then continue playing when it encounters this, but when attempting to back the disc up it will freeze and refuse to continue on

I have several discs that I've had this problem with. I returned a couple and a couple others I went out and rented a disc to copy for my back up . . .

Good luck cleaning it, maybe that will solve your problem

Victor

3. PNKWHITE

PNKWHITE Member

Thanks for the info. The disc is brand new as I opened up the box myself. It is very frustrating to get only 5 out of the six discs backed up. I would have figured that all the disced would have the same problem. I may just try and return the entire set for a new on and maybe the disc 5 will work. Paul