1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?? Capture Card or Software problem ??

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by SteMan, Feb 4, 2004.

1. SteMan

SteMan Member

Hi guys and gals, I have a slight problem, hope you can help...

I have just successfully installed a WinFast VC100 XP capture card into my PC and I'm able to watch my home video using my Sony CamCorder connected by S-Video to S-Video with ease. I start recording/capturing and everything is OK! until I press the STOP button on my software, then the program just stops responding/freezes and I am forced to reboot my PC. After I rebooted, I curiously checked to see if the video was saved to my hard-drive and it was...Great!
    I have used numerous capture software and all have the same response when I press the STOP capturing button..."program stops responding..REBOOT!"

---

My PC briefly comprises the following:

OS = Windows XP Home Edition
    Memory = 512MB
    Processor = Athlon XP 2700+
    Graphics Card = ASUS GeForce Ti4200 X8 AGP
    Motherboard = ASUS A7N8X

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

I suggest you go to the capture card manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers. Even if you bought the thing yesterday.

3. SteMan

SteMan Member

Well thanx for your response, but that's one of the first things i did. I'm pretty new to this capture card business, so anything technical to me is a mystery. I have the latest drivers, but it didn't do anything. The card doesn't appear to be conflicting according to the Device Manager...

4. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

If you still have problems with every capture program you use than you may have a defective card. Have you tried corresponding with customer support?

5. SteMan

SteMan Member

Yep! I've had the card over a week now. I sent a couple of e-mails to LeadTek (card manufacturer) and haven't had any response about it so far, which is a little dissapointing. I've just updated my BIOS, but that hasn't fixed the problem, though it did improve my system which is a bonus i suppose.
    It does appear to be a hardware problem, seeing as the problem happens with all the software i have used.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you should do is wait....What Might be Happening is that the Captured File is Being Captured to a Temp Directory and when you stop captureing the File has to Be written to the Directory were you set up in the Software, This can take up to 20 minutes with some Programs depending on the Size of the Captured file and the Speed of your HD....

7. SteMan

SteMan Member

Hey guys!
    Thanx for your responses. After a long wait I have finally received an email response from the manufacturer, which has fixed my problem. Though, in the process, something else has occured, which doesn't appear to be affecting anything.
    In the email, they recommended I install nvidia WDM drivers, though the nvidia wdm video capture driver appears to have a windows code error 10 (Not working properly) so the error says. I uninstalled and let windows search and re-install, but with the same outcome.
    Anyone know or had this problem ?

8. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

So it was a driver issue after all. Glad you finally heard from support. I don't really have a solution for you but if everything is working fine with your captures I say leave well enough alone. All you can do is report the error to support once again and go from there.