1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

-=:: capturing video from DIGITAL Camera or VHS Tapes with HIGH QUALITY ::=-

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by D.D.T., Jun 29, 2003.

1. D.D.T.

D.D.T. Guest

Hi forum :)

i'm a newbie to you as to Desktop video capturing, and i'd like to ask some questions, but b4 that, i'll explain what do i have:

Hardware:
    - PC with P4 2400 Mhz proccessor, 512 MB DDRam, 32-MB ATI All In Wonder video card, 40 GB X 2 HDD.

- Sony DCR-TRV 355 Digital Handycam (~$1000).

Software:
    - ATI-TV ( comes in a cd with the video card ) for capturing video.
    - Adobe Premiere 6.5 for Dirctoring.

Questions:
    i tried to capture the video from the Sony digital Camera ( using A/V outout ), but every time i got some kinda ( disappointing ) resolution. even when i change the capturing options to the best options, and when i try to capture from VHS tape, the resolution get worse!

is there anything i can do to gain the BEST resolution?

one last comment: Sorry for my bad English; i'm arabian.

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

No multiple posts please. Read and follow the forums rules or you will be banned.

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I've been reading up on capturing analog video to mpeg2 for my own concert vhs backups. Your machine certainly seems fast enough, but other important factors (from what I've read) are: video capture card (resolution & fps), USB or god-forbid PCI, hard drive speed, and software (mostly affects editing). I recently bought the Pinnacle MovieBox USB, but there are quite a few digital video versions of video capture cards out there, so you might want to invest in a good one. Pinnacle MovieBox DV version is about $200. It's hard to pinpoint your problem because you should have great DVDs because you're transferring drectly from digital video.