1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Castlevania: PoR freezing with M3 DS Simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by gimpulse, Feb 2, 2007.

1. gimpulse

gimpulse Member

Does anyone else have this problem? My game will randomly freeze every 15 or so minutes it seems.

2. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

This is due in part by the brand and type of microSD/TransFlash card you are using. Check the link in my signature for a list of cards with issues; if you do not see yours there, please add it!

Oh and there is no fix. :[

3. gimpulse

gimpulse Member

Sure enough... I have the SanDisk Ultra II 2GB. D'oh.

Are there any other 2GB cards that anyone has tested for this game?

4. gimpulse

gimpulse Member

5. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

I've read somewhere that Transcend cards have no issues with PoR. I can specifically recall the 1GB not having any problems but I can't say for sure on the 2GB model.

6. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

According to the forum thread at the m3-forum, both the A-DATA and Corsair 2GB cards work with PoR when formatted as FAT32 with 16K clusters. There are some conflicting reports of cards not working even with those settings. >,<

Try using those format options on your SanDisk Ultra II 2GB first.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  7. BFG9000

BFG9000 Member

DS Lite
    M3 DS Simply
    Kingston 1GB MicroSD from Taiwan

Worked with format settings:
    FAT16
    64k Clusters

8. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

BFG9000: Which Kingston (Taiwan) do you have? SDC/1GB or SDC/1GBFE? Also, what version firmware are you using?

9. BFG9000

BFG9000 Member

SDC/1GB. When I first posted I was using 1.01 firmware, but in the other topic you linked me to 1.02 so I'm using that now.

I haven't given it extensive playtime on either but I can confirm that the intro plays full speed (I own the cart as well) and the menus work fine even if I jam on the start button like crazy.

If there's another place that the ROM usually freezes that you'd like me to test just let me know!

10. BFG9000

BFG9000 Member

Wellllllllllllll nevermind. I figured I'd give it some playtime, and it froze a moment after I exited the Vincent's room with the save spot.

Yuck.

11. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

Horrible news. :( I'm not familiar with the game but did you play long enough on v1.01 firmware to be certain the upgrade to v1.02 was the cause?

12. BFG9000

BFG9000 Member

No I didn't. It wouldn't be a problem to downgrade I suppose, give me some time on this issuesince I would have to reformat the card. I'd prefer to figure out the emulator problems, and some homebrew stuff, like DoomDS first.

I'll definitely get to it though and try to find a solution since you're helping out so much.

One thing I noticed in one of the forums out there is to use FAT32 and 16K clusters but oddly either Windows XP or the MicroSD itself won't allow it, I forget what the error is but I can check it out if necessary, I'd like to come to a solution for mine and everybody else's sake.