1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD burning blues

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by PedroEd, Jul 24, 2003.

1. PedroEd

PedroEd Guest

I am having major problems trying to burn files to CD. When using Nero 5.5 I am being told that the burn has completed successfully but when I try to read the data on the new disk
    Windows tells me it is empty. On other occasions the burn will fail. another odd thing is that when using CDRW discs of 650Mb size, Nero states that there is only about half that available room to copy.

I have tried: Updating Nero, different burning software, latest firmware for my CDRW, four different types of CDR and CDRW discs (3 expensive brands, 1 cheap), various burn speeds and using a lense cleaner. The unit reads and loads from pre recorded CD's no problem.

I am at a loss as to what the problem may be apart from a borked burner.

Specs:

WinXP Pro +SP1
    MSI K7N2GILSR mobo
    XP2400 CPU
    1Gb PC2700 RAM
    MSI Ti4800SE 8VTDX 128Mb
    30 Gb Samsung HDD
    40 GB Maxtor HDD
    SB Live value
    Samsung 48X CDROM
    Yamaha 8824E CDRW
    PCI ADSL modem

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Are you burning to cdrw unformatted or using them as an additional hd? (formatted). Try using ASPI Layer 4.6 (if applicable) and download latest UDF Reader (Nero website). Also try a free burning software called burnatonce to see if it's a software\hardware conflict m8. I don't use cdrw's (packet writing software (Ahead InCD) as cdrw's tend to "lock up" my pc<(blah).
    burnatoce:http://www.burnatonce.com/downloads/
    Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2003
  3. Praetor