1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd burning problems

Discussion in 'Audio' started by foden12, May 10, 2015.

1. foden12

foden12 Member

Hi everyone, this is my last resort.
    I have a 2003 Grand AM and it USED to play burnt mp3 without any problems, recently though it just stopped, no warning, just stopped. I've tried Nero, Roxio, Burn aware in fact I think I've used most if not ALL the better burning software out there.
    I've burnt in Audio CD, MP3,WAV, CDA I've used windows media player, VLC and many others, but my car CD just wont play a darn disc, it just spits them out. I tried older cds I burnt years ago, some play some dont. So I tried a bought CD and they play like a dream. I looked at the older CD's and they were Memorex discs...so I used memorex discs now...and they just refuse to play, or rather my car CD just spits them out .
    Right now I'm as confused as I ever want to be.....please help.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

don't use Memorex use verbatium or ty discs. when was the last time you ran a cd head cleaner on the car's player?

3. foden12

foden12 Member

I last cleaned the player 3 days ago, been trying since to play a disc...it will play store bought ones...I had a funny feeling it may be the discs...but wanted the advice of the community first. Thank you for the response and advice...I''ll report back as soon as I get the mentioned discs.

4. ronhondo

ronhondo Member

The laser assembly is failing and needs to be replaced. Better just to buy a new player. The best blank CDR discs, in my years of experience as a computer builder, are HP CDR's they are cheap and really work.

5. Mez

Mez Active member

I agree with the laser starting to fail. Commercial disks are shinier so need less power to read. I have never experienced a CD failure unless it was terribly scratched. You need to be very selective with DVDs. I am even having problems with verbatim DVDs. Luckily I still have a few hundred 2x unbranded DVDs I bought for a few pennies per disk. It cost more to ship them than to buy them. They can be burned at 1x. The slower the burn the longer they last because they are not light sensitive. These last more than 10 yrs.