1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD drive wont read anything

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lateforumer, May 26, 2012.

1. lateforumer

lateforumer Member

I'm very new here so not sure if its in the right section, but can anybody help me? When I put any CD in the orange light comes on and it vibrates, like vroom and it does this for 20-30 seconds, then gives up and makes no noise at all and the orange light turns off, wait 1 second vrooom wait 1 second vroooom. I have tryed to clean it will cuetips cause that was on a youtube video, but is there anything I can do to fix it? I have been pulling my hair out trying to..

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if the lasers dead you could possible get a new laser and put it in but it would be cheaper to just replace the drive.Sounds like the laser is dead to me.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

The laser might be dead but it sounds like it is out of balance. You didn't get a q-tip stuck in it? Why would you be using Q-Tips???? Clean the CDs with a clean cloth. Don't put anything in the player unless you want to break it. Make sure the CD is sitting right. It ought to be level. If it is cock-eyed, the CD will be out of balance.