1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD+R - - - - - CD+RW

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by NFSU2, Mar 19, 2005.

1. NFSU2

NFSU2 Member

I remenber a while back when a was new to computers (about Four years ago) I had bought a cd buner and it came with some software. I dont remember the softwares name which is why I am writing. I remember that this allowed you to convert regular blank cd's
    into cd rewritable. I was wondering if anyone knew what the name of this program is or any other programs that let you do this.

Thanks in advance :)

2. NFSU2

NFSU2 Member

And by the way i do not have this computer anymore

3. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Hmmm, yes i remember those days i was like whoa cool heh, and never used it again. I think it was called Direct CD by Adaptec.
    I think Roxio have made a revised version, but im not sure. But id avoid installing it with XP i think they dont like each other very much. And there is supposely alot of DRE's with with the Direct CD procedure.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Now my friend you just had something worth a fortune ! A regular Cd and a CD-RW are two different things ! There is no software that can change the composition of a regular Cd and make it a rewritable ! Those are two different media -- In other words you cant make an apple out of an orange !

You are probably thinking of a Cd-RW that your software formatted to make it able to receive packet writing , and prepare it to be used just like a hard drive. where you paste/delete and copy to !

There are as many name for that as there is companies making software ; Roxio calls it DirectCd, Nero calls it InCd,Veritas calls it DLA, NTI calls it FileCD, Pinnacle calls it InstantWrite and so on ....!

5. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Sorry jeanc1 but your WRONG, you can do this with CDRs. But the delete function is more like a hide option so eventually you will run out of space on a CDR. And it doesnt actually change the CDR into a CDRW i just knew what he meant because i did that many years ago, i thought exactly the same thing

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

you are talking about writing to a CD and leaving it open -- not closing it ! that's always been ! But you cannot delete and rewrite on top of it;all you can do is add to it till it's full.

His
    and that never existed My friend !

7. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

You can do this with a CDR. :p
    But its all good, peace be with you