1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd-rw not detected!!

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by martin16v, Jan 2, 2004.

1. martin16v

martin16v Member

after making a slipstreaming xp pro with sp1 on it i burnt it to cd-rw only to find my dvd rom can't read the disk.
    so before i bin the disk, is there a work around for this, or does it meen buying anothe drive??.
    obviously i need it to boot from from cd rom, i hav't the option to boot from cd-rw drive :)
    p.s, i like the new look.

2. TallTomD

TallTomD Member

I don't think that your DVD drive will recognize the CDRW media. Burn your information onto a standard CDR and you should be fine. You can get CDR's for free after rebate most of the time anyway, so they're a much better choice than CDRW.

You can also boot from your recorder if you make it the master on the secondary IDE channel and adjust your boot order in the BIOS of your PC. Make either the CD or the floppy first, the floppy or CD second, and the hard drive third.

3. martin16v

martin16v Member

4. martin16v

martin16v Member

since asking this question i'v found out that my dvd drive can't recognize cd-rw's( is that because i have a old drive??) so i burnt a fresh copy to cd-r, not tested yet.
    why did't i think of changing the ide channels :)
    so ovious when you know. thanks.