1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW won't play pc games

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Westender, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Westender

Westender Member

Tried to install a no-cd crack for the first time last night and after a bit of trial and error I eventually managed to get the backup game to work. Unfortunately, when I tried to install some more backup games the cd-rw wouldn't install the games and wouldn't even play any of our original pc games. Still plays audio cd's ok. Anyone got any ideas what's stopping the drive from playing the games?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if this is 100% correct or not but games that feature both data and audio typically have the data track come first followed by the audio tracks (or is it the other way around ;) ). When you create the cd perhaps you have the audio/data reversed? Just a shot in the dark.

Try ripping an ISO/BIN image of the original and burning the image onto the RW. I've done that and it has worked almost every time.

3. J.Price

J.Price Member

I am interested in this topic as I have a PC game disc (Age Of Mythology) that is cracked at the center ring and it has grown and I would like to copy it before the disc dies, I have a question as to what is a [no-cd crack] and how can one backup his PC Games. What is an ISO/BIN and how do I go about ripping it? Does it have to be burnt to a RW or can a R work just as well?

4. Praetor

If its a legit copy, you could try returning it to the store ;)

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

@ J.Price i have backed up age of mythology the protection is safedisc v2.7 i used blindwrite to read and write it!

set it to nibble read default i think? and read and write full speed! its waht i did!

now it may run without autoplay burnt in to it? this is a setting thats basically works with blidwrite to emulate for any drive to play it!

you will find this setting in configuration!

thx.......

EDIT

a NO-CD crack is a little file/files that you download off the net to either take away the need to put game disc in the drive! or if its a backup it wont know its running a backup!

its usally but not always the game excutable the .EXE extension you have to over write!

as the game will install if its a backup but sometimes on new protection it wont play- so you either emulate with software and fool it! or run no cd crack!

thx..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2003
  6. J.Price

J.Price Member

First-I do have a legal copy but it is 4 months old at this point, I am still working my way through it all but haven't finished it yet.
    2nd-sorry to seem so stupid BUT I don't quite understand what to do first and where I can procure safedisc, blindwrite, and NO-CD crack. Is there a guide for all of this? Thanks so much

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

BLINDWRITE is the program needed to make the backup!

to read what protection games have you use CLONYXXL then what it tells you is then the knowledge to use the right program for the job at present!

NO-CD crack is a file you can download from the net so you dont need to use the CDR anymore or the original! it overwrites the .EXE file that you click on to start game! (usally!) you just drop it or do what it says to do in the game folder location!

8. matt_poto

matt_poto Member

where can i find this .exe i cant find it any where plaes help

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

did you get the email i sent?

thx...

10. matt_poto

matt_poto Member

yes it helped lots thanx

11. KwaiChang

KwaiChang Member

I really need the no-cd for Age of Mythology too, anyway I could get my hands on it?

12. Praetor

You wont find it here! :)