1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cd won't fit on cd-r????

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Lzybrnz, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Lzybrnz

Lzybrnz Guest

I downloaded a comedy cd that said it was the full cd.

(It can't be because it doesn't have the begining. There is no intro. and the crowd is already laughing.)

Then I tried to burn it and it says:

Will not fit 1:24:43 77.57 mb
    total time 85 min CD SAYS 80 MIN
    I'm using wmp10 and my os is winxp
    I have nero too.

I did a search here and it had something like this thread but it was too old and it wouldn't let me reply to it because I'm a virgin here [newbie]
    I've looked all over my help sections and even online, but it only says if the playlist doesn't fit to remove a song.. OK but this is like all one song! I compressed it and tried to see if I could shave 5 min off but I don't know how. I'll even do half and half on 2 cds couldn't find help that would tellme how to do that either. I even took out the pauses? when I tried to get nero to do it
    H E L P
    P L E A S E

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

if the total running time of the songs is 85 minutes, than it won't fit on an 80 min cdr, even with overburn. re-encoding it won't change the length of it, so use the original file. You can get 90 min cdrs from allmediaoutlet.com, which should work fine. That or use Nero Wave Editor to trim off some of the beginning or end.