1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CenDyne +/- External for $302, Good Deal?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Fordlife, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Fordlife

Fordlife Member

I want to get a DVD bruner so I can backup my DVD collection before I go to school. I have an Xbox as my primary DVD player and want to make sure I can play the moves in it.

I saw a Cendyne 4x write speed +/- external DVD burner for $302 shipped to my door. It is USB 2.0 and firewire and comes with a lot of software. part number I do not know, here is yahoo search of it http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=CenDyne+dual+format&ei=UTF-8

Is +/- that big of a deal? For the money this seems like a good deal. I also thought about buying an internal and installing it in an enclosure mysef. If I do this I would only be saving about $50 and not have the +/- feature. The Sony Dual format is more than $350 and its internal.

Thoughts and Reccommendations?

Thanks
    RC

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Only get +/- Format if you intend to use both formats or need both formats. If not get the single format. I prefer the -R format. I personally would choose the Pioneer DVD105, get it now though as a new dual format model has been released nad the price has dropped on the 105.