1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certain image folders aren't readable

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rva, Apr 3, 2003.

1. rva

rva Guest

I'm very new to all this so please be patient with my ignorance : )
    Here's my problem. While burning backups for my photos I found that of the multitude of folders I copied, two folders came up empty- the folder icon was there but it appeared that nothing was in it. I tried just burning those folders again on a different cd and the same thing happened. Then I tried just burning the individual photos, and strangely, the existing files on the cd I used disappeared and only one of the new ones burned (strange because I was using CD-R discs). I also noticed that on the disc with only one photo showing, the amount of space used is greater that the amount of space that should be associated with the one photo.
    I don't know much about this stuff, but is it possible that the folder contents are there but just not readable? I've tried many machinations including copying the folders to a different location and then burning again, but keep getting the same result. I have and Iomega cd-rw 48x24x48 and am using imation media. I think it's something with the two folders since all the rest copied, but I just don't know enough to figure it out.
    Thanks for your help!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

My only guess it that the folders are not ISO9660 compliant? (more than 255 characters in path, more than 8 directory depth?)

3. rva

rva Guest

Well, I tried moving those 2 folders directly to my C drive because they were pretty deep but that didn't work either. :( Thanks for your idea though.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If sub-levels are greater than 8, moving to C:\ will be useless.

5. rva

rva Guest

I'm sorry,I guess I didn't explain myself well. I decreased the sublevels to one deep just to see. But the funny thing is, is that all the other folders were pretty deep and they copied without a problem, so I think there is something wrong with these particular folders. Since I am pretty computer illiterate I wouldn't even know where to begin to determine what it might be.