1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.cfm extensions

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nct35, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nct35

nct35 Guest

Hi there.

I am trying to download and open ffdshow, the download is fine, but the .cfm extension causes problems. Windows XP wants to know what program created it. I have often had this problem when downloading from Afterdawn, which is annoying as I find this site both helpful and informative. Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Which browser are you using? The download pages should redirect you to the correct file, and your browser should ask you to save that file (eg. in FFDShow's case ffdshow_rev740_20070105_clsid.exe). You should not use the "Save as.." function.

3. nct35

nct35 Guest

Hi

My browser is Mozilla Firefox and I am using FreshDownload. There does not appear to be an option of anything but Save As. I went into options but no luck. Perhaps you know of a better download manager (suitable for newbies!) You said that I should not Save As - does this apply to only .cfm or are there others?

I don't recall the download manager ever re-directing me to the correct file.

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

4. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Are you sure you left click on the "Download" button on the software description page?

I'm not familiar with FreshDownload, but the download assistants I have tried (eg. FlashGet and FlashGot) all cope with the redirects flawlessly.

5. nct35

nct35 Guest

Thanks so much Ketola. I feel a complete fool now! but it's sorted, so thanks!
    Nct

6. nct35

nct35 Guest

Hi Ketola

In your last post you mentioned that you used FlashGot etc. I have had this on my pc for ages, and have tried, in vain, to find suitable easy instructions.
    I have - FlashGotAll FlashGotTabs Build Gallery FlashGot Options and of course FlashGot Options. I don't have FlashGet though. I have all of this, and it is going to waste and hogging up space. I would like to use it, so if you have any suggestions on where I can find an easy tutorial, that would be great. The Flash homepage might be ok for the advanced user, but not for novices such as myself !
    Thanks