1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Championship Manager 4 (02/03)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Gogser, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Gogser

Gogser Member

Hi

I've just bought the latest Champ Manager for the PC (UK) and was going to make a back-up on CD-r. I'm kind of new to all this, only done music CD's before.

My Question is to back up the game is it just done cd to cd like an album or do you have to strip any encoding like a dvd?

Also any recommendations for what software to use I have easy cd creator but was thinking to change it.

Cheers
    Gogz

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Championship Manager 4 is SecuROM 4.8.x cd protected. You'll need to use BlindWrite 4.25 to make a successful backup. Read more detailed information on how to backup SecuROM 4.8.x here.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

Shoey

3. Gogser

Gogser Member

Cheers Shoey it worked a treat.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Great to hear that m8! BlindWrite 4.25 is a SecuROM 4.8.x butta' cutta' (for now) :)

Shoey

5. Andy_New

Andy_New Member

Gogser, what method did you use? You said it worked a treat but im having a little trouble.
    Im no expert as you may have guessed !

Im trying to make a bwa from cm4, i have a lite-on 16102B. Ive tried a few different settings but keep getting two large spikes on the curve. Seems to be much better at 8x though. Ive even tried using a little program called bwaedit to remove the spikes.

I keep getting an error when i use twinpeak. Either 'cannot read *.ccd file' (from my desktop), or 'error. cannot write image file' if i try to read the ccd file from a cd it is also stored on.

I dont have the original cm4 cd with me, I only have the clone cd image i made previously. Shoey any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

Hope you can help.........

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Andy_New,
    If you successfully made an bwa file then use BlindWrite 4.25 and make a backup. I recommend when making your bwa file that you read at 1x with your Litey. Tuck the bwa file in the SAME folder where you saved Championship Manager 4 and follow this guide carefully. Be sure that you create two images, 1 with a bwa file(play disc), 1 without(install disc). This is NO guarentee your backups will work, but well worth a try.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/28472

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2003
  7. Gogser

Gogser Member

Andy

I just followed the guide that shoey posted, it worked first time, as shoey said you save the BWA file in the same folder as the image my save option defaulted to that folder, as for the curve I again managed that first time and I had it on the max speed setting. I did it on my Pioneer A105 DVD-R.

Guess maybe I got lucky, Oh I did download the free copy of the latest version of Blindwrite from their web site, which you can use for a couple of days before it blocks you from using it and starts asking you to purchase it.

Gogz

8. Andy_New

Andy_New Member

Shoey,
    This is eactly what i have done......
    I made a copy of the CM4 disc using Clonecd on the usual game cd settings. I thought there was a slim chance that this would work as it did with CM01/02 ! It didnt !

Then i copied the .ccd, .img and .sub that were saved during that opeation onto a cd. I did all this at work and left the original CM4 disc there, and brought the.ccd file home to play with.

I made the BWA from this .ccd image, which i saved in to a file on the desktop. Should i have made the bwa from the actual original CM4 cd?

Is the clonecd disc for installation, and then you make the other disc for 'playing'from the original CM4 disc?

The bwa curve is not perfect, but in your guide you say that might be ok, so i went to patch .ccd with bwa with twinpeak and get
    'error. cannot open image file'
    or 'error. cannot write image file' (after its has told me which sectors it is going to write to).
    or 'cannot read cm4.ccd file'
    So ive not got past the patch stage.

Thanks for the help. As i said im new to all this.

PS. oddly, Shoey, bwa seemed better at 8x than 1x !!!

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Yes

Some roms can bypass the TwinPeak (tages) cd protection (part of SecuROM 4.8.x), some roms can't. So to answer your question, it is safe to make a backup with a bwa file with image (play disc), and one disc without an bwa file (install disc). Don't worry about your bwa being perfect, just use BlindWrite 4.25 and make backup(s) and see if you can install and play the backup without error. Besides, it's the only option you have other than the TwinPeak Tool\CloneCD route.

Shoey

10. Andy_New

Andy_New Member

Just a quick thanks for the help... I made a backup copy using blindwrite and it works fine.